Pokemon has become a timeless classic for kids and adults alike. There are not just cartoons of Pokemon but also an exceedingly popular Pokemon Game. The game has celebrated a 20th anniversary and is still strong on its popularity. The number of buyers of the different variations of the game is soaring high. The sales numbers have broken records in the gaming industry. There are over 800 Pokemon characters that people love. Although there are several fans of the Pokemon game and its variations, very few people actually have an excellent idea about the characters and the history.
We bring to you some of the most interesting facts about the Pokemon game and how it can be easily found in some of the virtual game apps in the world as well:
1. Rhydon is the first Pokemon that was ever created. Although its position is #112 on the deck, it is surprisingly the first one made. You can see the sprites of Rhydon spread widely in the first few parts of the game. Certain other earliest Pokemon designs were of Lapras and Clefairy.
2. In the original Pokemon games, Red and Blue, fishing for Pokemon was possible. Many Rhydon statues contained Gyms that could be accessed. Rare Pokemon were not present in these, but the regular ones could be found.
3. Although the word Splash indicates that there would be a presence of water, the word actually means more of Hop in Japanese. This is why this move is available for Pokemon that are not related to water at all.
You can also see the word’s applicability in other situations in the game.
4. In the original games, you might not have noticed, but Professor Oak’s Nidorino gives a cry-like sound of Nidorina rather than its originally assigned sound. If you were not familiar with the sounds at that time, it can be hard to tell the difference.
5. The Wailord is the largest Pokemon in the game,, measuring 14.5 metres. But it’s very light and has a low density, which is the primary reason it can easily float in the air despite its size. It weighs only 398 kg and has a BMI of 1.9.
6. In the earlier beta version, the names of some of the Pokemon were very different from what they are today. Some of the leading examples include Koffing and Weezing, which were known as Ny and La. If you check out the previous game then you can see the difference clearly.
7. The different forms of Rotom were developed by different designers. Although the original default form of Rotom was designed by the original Pokemon designer; however, the others were later developed by other designers.
8. In 2010, James Turner became the first westerner designer to have created a Pokemon. He designed the Pokemon for Pokemon Black and White. He also designed them for Pokemon Sun and Moon later on.
But his designs are very different from the others and are often tagged as more creepy than the others.
9. The Swords of Justice team is actually based on The Three Musketeers. Cobalion represents Athos, Terrakion represents Porthos, Virizion represents Aramis and Keldeo represents d’Artagnan. The designers agree that some of the story concepts were taken from abroad to improve the games.
10. Although Pokemon Cosmoem is only 0.1 metres in height; however, its density is very high. Its weight is notably 999.9 kgs. This is the reason why the Pokemon is attached to others. There are several other heavy pokemons that can be noted.